Monday, May 26, 2014

Long lost blogger, new update :)

Hi all!
It has been a while since I've updated my blog, so since I'm home and have a few minutes....here we go.
It has been 10 months since my surgery and I'm staying right around 176 lbs now.  That's a total loss so far of 118 lbs!  I'm so thankful that I had the opportunity to have the surgery - it has truly helped me change my life.  I enjoy walking (and even jogging), working in my yard, and just generally being outside now.  I'd rather be outside than inside now - which is a complete change from last year this time. 
I'm able to eat a little more now, which makes me nervous, but I still try to make healthy choices and eat protein first at every meal.  Protein is hard to get in, but it is so important! 
I've also started working on toning up...working with weights, doing squats and lunges and yoga.  I'm actually happy with the weight I am now - so my goal is to tone everything up and increase my endurance when running.  I'd like to be able to run my entire neighborhood without stopping by the end of the summer...that's a little under 1 mile.  I would be so proud if I could do that!

I took measurements before my surgery, and then just a week ago.
June 2013
Waist: 49"
Left bicep: 21.5"
Neck: 15.5"

May 2014
Waist: 39"
Left bicep: 16.5
Neck: 13.5"

My surgeon's goal was for me to be in the 170's by my 1 year surgi-versary, and I'm already there...so I know he'll be pleased when I go to see him in July.

Happy Memorial Day - enjoy time with your family today and remember to give thanks for our Armed Forces for all of their sacrifices!

:) Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment