Wednesday, November 6, 2013

70 lbs gone!!!

Good evening all!
I've reached another milestone today, I have lost 70 lbs since my WLS adventure began, and am FINALLY at my pre-pregnancy weight. (yeah, I know that was over 5 years ago...but I haven't seen the 220's since then!)

I am so excited, I never imagined that I would have lost so much at just under 4 months post-op!
 


Lately, I have had several people ask me what I eat now - so I'm going to share what a typical day in my new lifestyle looks like.

Breakfast:  half of an Ensure Protein drink, or a sausage and cheese sandwich (which is a half piece of turkey sausage, half piece of wheat toast and half slice of cheese with a small amount of apple butter).  I can't eat the whole thing when I make the sausage sandwich...but it's a nice change of pace every once in a while!
Snack:  some days I get a little hungry between breakfast and lunch, so I will have a slice of cheese or a cracker with peanut butter on it.
Lunch:  Lunch is typically left over from dinner the night before - and it's usually only 2 small spoonful's of it.  Today, for example, I had 2 small chunks of chicken with a little gravy and a few small slices of carrots.
Dinner: Dinner is whatever my family is having, just a really small portion.

Yesterday I made chicken in the crockpot and served it over mashed potatoes with a side of broccoli and carrots.  
From that I had: 1 small spoonful of mashed potatoes and 2 chunks of chicken with a little bit of the gravy mixed in. 

 Crockpot chicken is much easier to eat post- WLS, because it is so tender.  Chicken can pose a problem for a lot of us, especially if it's tough.  My nutritionist recommended cooking my meats in the crockpot, and it sure makes a difference.

I get full really quick, and the hard part is learning to STOP before I get full.  It's definitely a learning process, and I am improving when it comes to that.  Eating until you're full is a BAD idea, because the food is still expanding in your stomach at that point.  Bread is really a no-go now, as is anything with a lot of sugar or anything that is starchy or has a lot of fiber.  I know as I continue to adjust and my body finishes healing, I'll be able to add some of those things back into my diet.  But, in the meantime, it's a great opportunity to get out of those bad habits that I had developed.  I no longer want or think I need bread at every meal, and eating starches is a treat that I don't indulge in often at all.  I stick to protein and vegetables now at meals...and by the time I've eaten the protein, I really don't want anything else.



No comments:

Post a Comment