Friday, January 3, 2014

91 lbs!


Well folks, it's been almost 6 months since my surgery and I've lost 91 lbs!  I am so blown away by what has happened over this past 6 months.  In addition to losing an amazing amount of weight, I've completed my degree to be a Special Ed teacher and I've landed a job at a local high school.  My new job starts next Monday.  I'm not a teacher yet, but I will be a parapro in a special ed classroom.  I'm so excited to have a job so soon after finishing school, and I know this will be a great step to finding a job as a teacher (hopefully in the Fall).

Back to the weight loss: a friend asked me today if I had anything special planned for when I reach the 100 lb mark.  I haven't really thought about it...I wonder what other people have done?  I'll have to ask around.  I am scheduled for a 6 month follow up appointment with my surgeon on 1/20, and it's my goal to hit the 100 lb mark by that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment