Sunday, September 1, 2013

My first 5k is a month away...and I'm FREAKING out....

So, months ago before I had my surgery I decided to sign the hubs and I up for a 5k in October.  That was when I was still under the impression that my surgery and recovery would be a piece of cake and that student teaching would also be easy.

Now that I'm actually starting to feel OK again, and have realized that standing all day in a classroom is not that easy....I'm still exhausted and I'm thinking, "how in the heck am I going to manage to walk in a 5k...?" I went online and downloaded a Couch to 5k app for my phone...and now I need the motivation and energy to actually go outside in this wretched heat and start it.  Thankfully the nausea I was dealing with has eased up, but I'm still so tired at the end of the day that the thought of training for a 5k is really daunting.

I know I can do this...(I think...)   So, on October 5th, in Piedmont Park - we will be attempting the Fire Fly run, 5k.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment